This entry's rating: 4/5 ( ratings)
Log in to rate or make a suggestion
Log in to rate or make a suggestion
Economic History of Brazil
Narrower topics in the RePEc Biblio tree
- No sub-topic listed. You can volunteer to create one by contacting the editor of this entry.
This RePEc Biblio topic is edited by Pedro Paulo Pereira Funari. It was first published on 2014-02-04 10:47:09 and last updated on 2014-07-13 17:40:34.
Introduction by the editorThe economic history of Brazil is an especially complex field of study. The aim of this bibliography is to introduce scholars to the basic available literature on each phase of Brazilian history. As expected, it is not an exhaustive one. Further basic readings include Caio Prado Jr. (Historia Economica do Brasil, among others), Celso Furtado (Formacao Economica do Brasil, among others), and Sergio Buarque de Holanda (Historia Geral da Civilizacao Brasileira org., among others).
Most relevant JEL codes
- N96 - Economic History - - Regional and Urban History - - - Latin America; Caribbean
- N16 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Latin America; Caribbean
Most relevant NEP reportsNEP reports are email or RSS notifications about new research in selected fields. Subscriptions are free.
Most relevant research
- Nathaniel H. Leff, 1972. "Economic Retardation in Nineteenth-Century Brazil," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 25(3), pages 489-507, 08.
- Stanley L Engerman & Kenneth L. Sokoloff, 2002.
"Factor Endowments, Inequality, and Paths of Development Among New World Economics,"
NBER Working Papers
9259, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stanley L. Engerman & Kenneth Lee Sokoloff, 2002. "Factor Endowments, Inequality, and Paths of Development Among New World Economies," ECONOMIA JOURNAL OF THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION, ECONOMIA JOURNAL OF THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION, vol. 0(Fall 2002), pages 41-110, August.
- B. W. Higman, 2000. "The sugar revolution," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 53(2), pages 213-236, 05.
- Gustavo H. B. Franco & Luiz Aranha Correa do Lago, 2011. "A Economia da República Velha,1889-1930," Textos para discussão 588, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- RePEc:fgv:epgrbe:v:48:n:4:a:6 is not listed on IDEAS
- André Martínez-Fritscher & Aldo Musacchio & Martina Viarengo, 2010.
"The Great Leap Forward: The Political Economy Of Education In Brazil, 1889-1930,"
03-2010, Universidade de São Paulo, Faculdade de Economia, Administração e Contabilidade de Ribeirão Preto.
- André Martínez & Martina Viarengo & Aldo Musacchio, 2010. "The Great Leap Forward: The Political Economy of Education in Brazil, 1889-1930," Working Papers 2010-18, Banco de México.
- Stephen Haber, 1996. "The Efficiency Consequences of Institutional Change: Financial Market Regulation and Industrial Productivity Growth in Brazil, 1866-1934," NBER Historical Working Papers 0094, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William R. Summerhill, 1998. "Market intervention in a backward economy: railway subsidy in Brazil, 1854-1913," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 51(3), pages 542-568, 08.
- de Carvalho Filho, Irineu & Colistete, Renato P., 2010. "Education Performance: Was It All Determined 100 Years Ago? Evidence From São Paulo, Brazil," MPRA Paper 24494, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Leff, N.H, 1991. "economic Development in Brazil, 1822-1913," Papers 92-02, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Dante Aldrighi & Renato P. Colistete, 2013. "Industrial Growth and Structural Change: Brazil in a Long-Run Perspective," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2013_10, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Colistete, Renato P., 2010. "Revisiting Import-Substituting Industrialisation in Post-War Brazil," MPRA Paper 24665, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fishlow, Albert, 1972. "Brazilian Size Distribution of Income," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(2), pages 391-402, May.
- Gustavo Franco, 1996. "The Real Plan," Textos para discussão 354, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Fabio Giambiagi, 2007. "Dezessete Anos de Política Fiscal no Brasil: 1991-2007," Discussion Papers 1309, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Naritomi, Joana & Soares, Rodrigo R. & Assunção, Juliano J., 2009.
"Institutional Development and Colonial Heritage within Brazil,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4276, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Naritomi, Joana & Soares, Rodrigo R. & Assunção, Juliano J., 2012. "Institutional Development and Colonial Heritage within Brazil," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 72(02), pages 393-422, June.
- Joana Narotomi & Rodrigo Soares & Juliano J. Assunção, 2009. "Institutional Development and Colonial Heritage within Brazil," Textos para discussão 561, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- RePEc:idb:brikps:79303 is not listed on IDEAS
- Skidmore, Thomas E, 2009. "Brazil: Five Centuries of Change," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 2, number 9780195374551, July.