This entry is not rated
Rate this entry
Rate this entry
Rational Choice Theory
Narrower topics in the RePEc Biblio tree
- No sub-topic listed. You can volunteer to create one by contacting the editor of this entry.
This RePEc Biblio topic is edited by Quentin Wodon . It was first published on 2013-04-21 13:22:30 and last updated on 2013-04-21 13:22:30.
Introduction by the editorThis entry provides a few references available in RePEc on rational choice theory as applied to religion. Comments and suggestions are welcome to improve the entry.
Most relevant research
- Laurence R. Iannaccone, 1998. "Introduction to the Economics of Religion," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(3), pages 1465-1495, September.
- Iannaccone, Laurence R, 1995. "Risk, Rationality, and Religious Portfolios," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 33(2), pages 285-95, April.
- Ekelund, Robert B. & Hebert, Robert F. & Tollison, Robert D. & Anderson, Gary M. & Davidson, Audrey B., 1997. "Sacred Trust: The Medieval Church as an Economic Firm," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195103373, September.
- Gruber, Jonathan, 2004. "Pay or pray? The impact of charitable subsidies on religious attendance," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(12), pages 2635-2655, December.
- Tan, Jonathan H.W. & Vogel, Claudia, 2008. "Religion and trust: An experimental study," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 832-848, December.
- Iannaccone, Laurence R & Finke, Roger & Stark, Rodney, 1997. "Deregulating Religion: The Economics of Church and State," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 35(2), pages 350-64, April.
- Iannaccone, Laurence & Stark, Rodney & Finke, Roger, 1998. "Rationality and the "Religious Mind."," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 36(3), pages 373-89, July.
- McCleary, Rachel M. (ed.), 2011. "The Oxford Handbook of the Economics of Religion," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195390049, September.
- Tigran Melkonyan & Mark Pingle, 2010. "Ambiguity, pessimism, and rational religious choice," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 69(3), pages 417-438, September.
- Laurence Iannaccone & Eli Berman, 2006.
"Religious extremism: The good, the bad, and the deadly,"
Springer, vol. 128(1), pages 109-129, July.
- Eli Berman & Laurence R. Iannaccone, 2005. "Religious Extremism: The Good, The Bad, and The Deadly," NBER Working Papers 11663, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bradley J. Ruffle & Richard Sosis, 2007.
"Does It Pay To Pray? Costly Ritual and Cooperation,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
Berkeley Electronic Press, vol. 7(1), pages 18.
- Bradley Ruffle & Richard Sosis, 2007. "Does it pay to pray? Costly ritual and cooperation," Artefactual Field Experiments 00014, The Field Experiments Website.