This entry is not rated
Log in to rate or make a suggestion
Log in to rate or make a suggestion
Narrower topics in the RePEc Biblio tree
- No sub-topic listed. You can volunteer to create one by contacting the editor of this entry.
This RePEc Biblio topic is edited by Richard S.J. Tol. It was first published on 2012-12-07 07:47:16 and last updated on 2017-08-11 09:05:12.
Introduction by the editorAdaptation entails any activity to, given a certain degree of climate change, alleviate its negative impacts and take advantage of the positive ones.
Most relevant JEL codes
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
Most relevant NEP reportsNEP reports are email or RSS notifications about new research in selected fields. Subscriptions are free.
NEP-ENV (Environmental Economics)
Most relevant research
- Paavola, Jouni & Adger, W. Neil, 2006. "Fair adaptation to climate change," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 594-609, April.
- Fankhauser, Samuel & Smith, Joel B. & Tol, Richard S. J., 1999. "Weathering climate change: some simple rules to guide adaptation decisions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 67-78, July.
- Mendelsohn, Robert & Dinar, Ariel, 1999. "Climate Change, Agriculture, and Developing Countries: Does Adaptation Matter?," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 14(2), pages 277-293, August.
- Kelly, David L. & Kolstad, Charles D. & Mitchell, Glenn T., 2005. "Adjustment costs from environmental change," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 468-495, November.
- Mendelsohn, Robert & Nordhaus, William D & Shaw, Daigee, 1994. "The Impact of Global Warming on Agriculture: A Ricardian Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 753-771, September.
- Gary W. Yohe & Richard S.J. Tol, 2001. "Indicators for Social and Economic Coping Capacity – Moving Toward at Working Definition of Adaptive Capacity," Working Papers FNU-8, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Jun 2001.
- Mansur, Erin T. & Mendelsohn, Robert & Morrison, Wendy, 2008. "Climate change adaptation: A study of fuel choice and consumption in the US energy sector," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 175-193, March.
- RePEc:pio:envira:v:27:y:1995:i:2:p:299-319 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yohe Gary & Neumann James & Ameden Holly, 1995. "Assessing the Economic Cost of Greenhouse-Induced Sea Level Rise: Methods and Application in Support of a National Survey," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 78-97, November.
- Bosello, Francesco & Carraro, Carlo & De Cian, Enrica, 2013.
"Adaptation can help mitigation: an integrated approach to post-2012 climate policy,"
Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(3), pages 270-290, June.
- Bosello, Francesco & Carraro, Carlo & De Cian, Enrica, 2011. "Adaptation Can Help Mitigation: An Integrated Approach to Post-2012 Climate Policy," Climate Change and Sustainable Development 116907, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Bosello, Francesco & Carraro, Carlo & De Cian, Enrica, 2012. "Adaptation Can Help Mitigation: An Integrated Approach to Post-2012 Climate Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 8909, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francesco Bosello & Carlo Carraro & Enrica De Cian, 2011. "Adaptation Can Help Mitigation: An Integrated Approach to Post-2012 Climate Policy," Working Papers 2011.69, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Eakin, Hallie, 2005. "Institutional change, climate risk, and rural vulnerability: Cases from Central Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 1923-1938, November.
- Barnett, Jon, 2001. "Adapting to Climate Change in Pacific Island Countries: The Problem of Uncertainty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 977-993, June.
- Botzen, W.J.W. & Aerts, J.C.J.H. & van den Bergh, J.C.J.M., 2009. "Willingness of homeowners to mitigate climate risk through insurance," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(8-9), pages 2265-2277, June.
- RePEc:bla:agecon:v:38:y:2008:i:2:p:151-165 is not listed on IDEAS
- Koch, Hagen & Vögele, Stefan, 2009. "Dynamic modelling of water demand, water availability and adaptation strategies for power plants to global change," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 2031-2039, May.